So I have realized (usually when set up on blind dates) that a lot of people who think they know me really, really don't. (Ex: "Oh my gosh, I totally found your EC, you are going to love this guy he's perfect for you." Date happens. I get home thinking, "DO YOU KNOW ME!?") I have come to realize over the past few years that I am a somewhat surprising person. And, in lieu of this recent realization I have decided to treat all of you (who probably actually do know me) to ten things you might not know about me.
001. I love to hate anyone who looks good in skinny jeans. I pretend I hate those pants, but I am actually jealous of anyone who can pull them off. I am ultra-jealous of people who successfully wear skinny jeans and have a pretty face. I feel like that doesn't usually happen.
002. I hated country music (with a burning passion) my entire life. Then I decided it was kind of happy a few years ago and started listening to it. Lately I have been avoiding it like the plague again (though it tends to sneak in every once in a while).
003. I am smart. I wish I could tell all the stories I have about people thinking or insinuating I'm stupid just because I am an art major.
004. I refuse to eat shellfish (and pretty much any seafood besides actual fish) because my dad is allergic to it. I tried shrimp once and I almost threw up (texture, flavor, everything, revolting). I also refuse to eat squash, zucchini, and anything that is blue (naturally or artificially).
005. I want to live in another country for a few years. Soon. I like big cities and I like walking everywhere.
006. I ate organic food before my health dictated it. I like conserving energy and I like "green" things and ideas. I am pretty much a tree-hugger at heart, but I am too obsessed with fashion and clothing to wear all-hemp and recycled apparel (though they are starting to make a lot of really cool, really "green" items).
007. I don't know my love language. I didn't really know what that was until Saturday at work when my supervisor was telling us to learn the girls' love languages and use that knowledge to create stronger bonds. The five "languages" are: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. Does anyone know their language? Does anyone know mine?
008. If there were some way to get rid of every single cat on the planet, I would volunteer to do it.
009. I don't like fake people. I don't like ulterior motives. I especially don't like it when people think that I don't realize they are fake. I'm pretty observant and I think it would be better for both parties if time and energy wasn't wasted on fake emotion.
010. I am scared to graduate from college because there are so many things I want to do with my life. It overwhelms me to think that after earning my degree it's not a matter of waiting but a choice of which path to take.