So I am definitely the queen of sporadic change. I mean seriously. One minute I am moving out to who knows where, and the next minute I am staying and causing all sorts of problems in organization of the Relief Society presidency and throwing off my apartment complex's homeostasis. I would like the world to know that although I seem like I am ultra spontaneous and thoughtless, I actually put way too much time and emotion into big decisions. So much time and emotion, in fact, that I tend to cause problems in my personal homeostasis--which, unfortunately, means more to me than that of my apartment complex. Sorry.
On a happier note, I did some very important things today! The happiest thing is that Katelyn (my roommate) and I went to get Indian food with our home teachers tonight. Oh man it was so good. I was seriously emotional eating it. I'm not one for comfort food, but in the torrent of this week's stress that curry really did a body good. Finally, I nearly finished an entire print today. I processed two plates and did one printing run. Tomorrow morning I am going in early and doing the second run so that I can talk with Wayne (my professor) at 11:00 and turn in both prints! Then I only have one print left (which will be done next week) and I'll be done with lithography! That will make two classes of make-up work down, and one to go. You guys have no idea how glorious that sounds. Class number three will be made up right when I get home from Argentina.
I have a few other happy announcements:
- Spoon Me opened in Provo! HOORAY! (I've been twice).
- I'm getting married! PSYCHE!
- I leave two weeks from Thursday. I seriously can't wait.
- I met with my new faculty advisor today. Her name is Sunny Belliston and she rocks my world. I'm really excited to work with her on my portfolio and final show. Most of her (current) art is architecturally influenced. And we all know how much I love architectural influences. I picked her because she is young and hip...and Robert retired. (I had actually never met her until today, but I liked her art so I snagged her).
- I got a 179 in speed scrabble Sunday night. I know what you are thinking (Ben), "The rules changed, I could beat a 179 if I played by those rules". But no, I don't think you could get excellent, exhibit, torrent, and lively all in the same personal speed scrabble board (using different x's). There were some other fantastic ones. Ty, Becca--consider yourselves smack-talked. I can't wait to play with you.
- I bought the game Set. I had Aaron's deck for a while and when we were in Moab I broke the case when I threw my backpack down a giant rock. I finally replaced his plastic case (which he refused) and got my own deck. I suggest all of you invest in this game.
- Patten has been making normal baby noises lately (ex: crying, whining). I just thought I'd announce that because I'm pretty sure all of us were worried about him actually being human (as opposed to angel).
- I am happy right now. It feels good.
So, that's all. I'm not sure why I felt inclined to randomly update all three of my faithful readers, but, I did. Consider yourselves informed.
PS - My little sister Natalie got a blog. I think she is ridiculously young for such a thing, but...it exists and there's nothing I can do about it.