3.02.2009

Long-lost love(s)

I went skiing on Saturday.  I haven't been skiing since the beginning of high school.  I hit the slopes my fair share when I was younger, but, in high school I played volleyball year-round and skiing was well-known as an absolute no-no.

I was a little bit nervous to go, but was surprised to find it's like riding a bike!  I picked it up again rather quickly, and while I wasn't performing to my best ability by the end of the day, I was still able to ski a lot of blacks by the time we went home.  Oh, and I fell once (well twice, but one wasn't my fault).  A picture documenting the event will be uploaded later.

I forgot how much I love skiing.  And now the season is almost over and I won't be able to enjoy it until next year.  Sadness.

Also...when I visited Google today I was reminded of how much I love Dr. Seuss.  The Dr. Seuss Google logo may very well be my favorite yet (Pollock was a close second)!  


What has been your favorite Google logo decor?

8 comments:

Becca said...

definitely the jackson one :)

Anonymous said...

BB:

I don't know my Google Logos, but I do love Dr. Suess. And, I'm glad you went skiing and had fun there. And, I love you,

Dad

Britt said...

i'd have to say jackson as well

iyouandme said...

I agree on the Dr. Suess Google logo.

Lizzie said...

How fun! I haven't been skiing since middle school. But hearing you talk about it makes me want try it again!

Remember when you wrote a paper about Dr. Seuss?

Jared and Jesse said...

I saw that logo yesterday and was so excited! I think that's my fav so far as well!!!

-- said...

Dr. Suess all the way :)

Anonymous said...

Meeshka--

Everyone out here thinks that skiing is the ONLY reason Utah exists. I don't even usually tell them that I don't ski for fear they just might assault me if they learn I grew up in the middle of the greatest snow on earth and didn't ski it.

I have a goal to give skiing a go some time.

I don't remember the jackson one as well as everybody else, I love the Seuss...