5.23.2008

Please Make This For Someone You Love


So Rachel and I made our first cheesecake the other day.  It was amazing.  I'm so serious.  I think everyone needs to make this cheesecake (especially Becca, because when I was telling Tyler about it on the phone the other day he was drueling).


BLACKBERRY CHEESECAKE

Crust:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 tbs cinnamon

Filling:
3 (8 0z) packages cream cheese
4 eggs
1 cup sugar

Topping:
3/4 cups sour cream
3 tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 jar blackberry jam
2 little box things of fresh blackberries

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 325* F.  Combine crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and (melted) butter.  Press onto the bottom of a springform pan.  Whip cream cheese.  Add eggs, one at a time, whipping after each addition.  Gradually add sugar and whip.  Pour over crust.  Bake for 45 minutes (we put the pan on a cookie sheet with about 1/2 inch of water.  It helps retain moisture so that the cake doesn't crack [that would be ugly]).  Whip sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.  Pour on top of baked cake and bake for 10 more minutes.  Remove and chill for at least 6 hours.  When ready to serve, mash one box of blackberries.  Heat jam and add mushy berries and pour over the top.  Then you can make it pretty with the whole berries.  And yes, I called them mushy.

Anyway, friends, this is a recipe you seriously must try.  Not that I really got to eat it.  But trust me, when I figure out a gluten-free crust, I will eat an entire cake on my own.  Until that time I will just have to dabble in the memory of the amazing filling and berries.



2 comments:

t.t.turner said...

Okay, so I was at Smith's last night and saw the Smart Water on sale for $1, and thought of you... glad you got informed!
Will totally be making the cheesecake... looks absolutely delicious! It's fat-free and low-carb, right? ;)

Becca said...

uhm, yes, I will have to make this. soon. if berries weren't freaking $19 a BOX I'd probably make it tomorrow. just kidding. it's almost summer so the price has probably gone down a bit.

I want to talk to you :(