10.11.2008

Patten.

Cabin (Summer 2008)

Well my friends, it has been an entire YEAR since my little nephew was born.  I can hardly believe it.  It seems like just yesterday Dave and Kristin came over to announce the pregnancy.  The night before Tyler surprised everyone and flew out to propose to Becca.  It was one of the happiest weekends our family remembers.

Now, I probably won't be making an entire blog post for every niece and nephew's birthday, but many of you are aware that Patten is very special to me for a number of reasons.  One (relatively unimportant) reason is that he has my favorite name for a little boy.  Most importantly, however, is the fact that he came at a very lonely time in my life and has literally served, in many cases, as a guardian angel to me.  Nothing can make me smile like my little nephew.  Nothing could (truly) make me smile for a very long time before he came.  I just wanted to wish him the happiest birthday in the world, because he deserves it. 

Christmas 2007

Tyler and Becca's Wedding (December 2007)

Naptime

Baby Talk

Happy Birthday, ma Patten!
I love you!


4 comments:

Preethi said...

My favorite is the naptime one. And I like your leggings. And I need to remember that it is now legging season! I'm sure there's a cooler name for them than that, but that's what I call them.

Lizzie said...

CUTE! I want to meet this famous Patten.

Anonymous said...

Meesh:

I say the "eyes" have it, in the first picture I mean. Yours scrumptious brown and Patten's baby blues! Gorgeous!

Happy Birthday is right!

Love you lots,

Dad

Dave said...

Dear Aunt Missy-

Thank you for my birthday post. Although I cannot verbalize my feelings - I am an accomplished typer...

Thank you for the argyle sweaters. I wore the red one on Sunday. I look really cute in it.

Thanks again.

Patten